I believe that if we can look inwards, just like our ancestors and leverage the existing technology on ground; we as youths can do better than our ancestors. In fact, I believe that Nigeria has the highest number of successful people that neither went to school nor earned a degree.
Go to places such as Lagos Island, Ladipo, Trade fair, Alaba International, Nnewi, Aba, Kano, etc and you will see thousands of successful entrepreneurs without formal formal education.
So without wasting your time, below is a list of the richest successful Nigerian that never attended school (some attended school but never graduated from university, while others never saw the four walls of school). These men and women started from scratch and became extremely rich by virtue of hard work and good business relationships.
Top 15+ Richest Nigerian Entrepreneurs that Never Finished School
1. Late Alhaji Alhassan Dantata Kolanut trader. He was the wealthiest man in West Africa during his time. He started the Dantata dynasty and his descendants are some of the richest people in Nigeria (Dangote / Dantata family).
2. Olorogun Michael Ibru founder of the Ibru Organization and head of one of the richest family in Nigeria.
3. Orji Uzor Kalu billionaire founder of Slok Group. He was rusticated from university for his participation in a student protest. Though he was later granted Amnesty by the school authority, he rejected it and chose to become an entrepreneur.
4. High Chief Olu Benson Lulu Briggs silent billionaire founder of Moni Pulo.
5. Femi Otedola Chairman of Forte Oil, SeaForce, etc (largest diesel importer in Nigeria, also owns the largest fleet of ships).
6. Rasaq Okoya founder of Eleganza Group. Did not attend university
7. Cosmos Maduka founder of Coscharis Group (sole distributor of BMW vehicles in West Africa), dropped out of elementary school
8. Cletus Madubugwu Ibeto founder of the Ibeto Group (Petrochemicals, Cement manufacturing)
9. Innocent Ifediaso Chukwuma Founder of Innoson Group, manufacturers of IVM motors and Innoson Plastics.
10. Sir Tony Ezenna CEO of Orange Drugs, Inherited a patent shop from his father and grew it into a conglomerate.
11. Vincent Obianodo founder, The Young Shall Grow Motors (the largest transport company in Nigeria), RockView Hotels.
12. Emmanuel Isichei Ugochukwo Ojei Nuel Ojei Holdings LTD (Sole distributor of Mazda, Nuel Autos, Emo Oil). Did not attend university
13. Ladi Delano CEO of Bakrie Delano, (a $1billion investment firm). Did not attend high institution
14. Bode Akindele (Modandola Group). Did not attend high institution.
15. Michael Collins Ifeanyi Enebeli Ajereh (aka Don Jazzy) famous music producer and co-founder of defunct MoHits Records. Now CEO of Marvin Records. Dropped out of Ambrose Ali University Ekpoma after his first year.
16. Mrs Folorunsho Alakija (Famfa Oil) Richest woman in Africa, did not attend university.