Boko Haram terrorists has completely burnt down houses and looted foodstuffs with hundreds of people displaced in last weekend attack of Thlaimaklama village in Chibok Local government area of Borno state.
Caretaker Chairman of Chibok Local Government Area of Borno state, Mr Yaga Yarkawa, has lamented on the renewed attacks perpetrated by Boko haram terrorists, insisting that with recent attacks on Thlaimaklama village over the weekend which has forced hundreds of people displaced after burning down houses and looting of foodstuff and livestock, Chibok is now under Boko Haram siege.
Mr Yaga Yarkawa disclosed this to Journalist on Monday night in Maiduguri where he had come to receive food items donated by the State Government for onward delivery to the displaced people.
He said, contrary to claims by the military that Chibok is safe, there has been series of renewed attacks on communities of Kuburmbula, Tsilari, Kamdzilari, Kuburnvwu , Kautikari, Kwada, Buftari and Kakulmari villages bordering Damboa and Sambia forest, adding that the latest one was the one that took place at the weekend in Thlaimaklama village where the insurgents carted away with 15 vehicles loaded with food items, after setting ablaze three vehicles and several number of houses without confrontation.
He pointed out that apart from attacking his communities this days, the terrorists have resorted to burning of farm produce of his people who had suffered during the season, and now eager waiting for harvest.
On effort put in place by the council to address the recurrent attacks, Yarakawa said: “due to exploits of the insurgents, Kuburmbula, Tsilari, Kamdzilari, Kuburnvwu , Kautikari, Kwada, Buftari and Kakulmari villages bordering Damboa and Sambia forest, and Klaimakla communities which are still fully under the control of terrorists, the council formed vigilantee to keep watch even as we call for more military presence in the areas mentioned.”
Also speaking on the renewed attacks on Chibok, leader of vigilantee group in Chibok, Commander Aboku said that “the boko haram terrorists are always on the move and this makes it difficult to effectively monitor and apprehend them with ease.”
Aboku added that, just last week in the course of their operations, the vigilantees were able to dislodge some of the terrorists, killing two with recovery of two AK47 rifles and a Hilux vehicles mounted with anti aircraft gun.
He called on the Military to intensify more effort by giving the vigilantes free hands to operate, as they know the terrain of the Sambisa forest and the general operation area of Sambisa, Chibok and Gwoza local governments better.