An electrical spark at the main distribution board at the E-Finger of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos was blamed for igniting a minor fire outbreak on Thursday.
Eyewitnesses said the spark cut power supply to some parts of the terminal.
The Acting General Manager, Corporate Affairs, Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria, Mrs. Henrietta Yakubu, confirmed the incident in a statement.
She said, “The management of FAAN wishes to inform the general public that power has been restored shortly after the spark that happened at the Finger main distribution board at the E-Finger of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos.
“A spark occurred at the E-Finger of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Ikeja, Lagos at about 11.30am on October 27, 2016 Nigerian time. However, the engineers successfully corrected all defaults and normalcy was restored at the affected areas.”
Yakubu said passengers and other airport users should be assured of their safety and security.
“FAAN wishes to apologise to passengers, airlines and the general public for the inconvenience caused by this interruption,” she added.