BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES)
BlackBerry Enterprise Solution (BES) from Airtel Nigeria is the ideal mobile enterprise product that keeps you connected to your office, while you’re on the go!
Why BlackBerry Enterprise Solution from Airtel Nigeria?
· Simplicity Unlike other wireless solutions that require users to "log in" to check their email, Blackberry is "Always On, Always Connected". If you send an email it is automatically sent to the Blackberry enabled handheld device.
· Security Blackberry Enterprise Server 4.1 supports End-to-End encryption. All communications between the wireless handheld and the BlackBerry server are encrypted using Triple DES (3DES). Because the BlackBerry server is installed behind your enterprise firewall, your information is never sent in plain text. BlackBerry has achieved FIPS-140-2 certification making it deployable in environments where security is a priority.
· Manageability Tight integration with the mail Server means you can take advantage of your existing infrastructure. BlackBerry runs as a Windows Service. This lets you manage all of your user's settings through a familiar interface giving them full control over the mobile environment through the use of custom "IT Policies".
· Extensibility BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1 features BlackBerry's Mobile Data Service (MDS), the easiest way to access enterprise data on your BlackBerry wireless Handheld. Using MDS you can wirelessly enable intranet applications quickly and easily.
· is a back-end system that is installed behind your corporate firewall
· is the ideal solution for organizations with their own email and data infrastructure
· integrates with your organization’s messaging platform and other corporate application servers
· offers push delivery of email messages and data from behind the firewall to your BlackBerry device(s)
· is a choice of 3 BlackBerry devices for your staff
· Push technology
· Corporate data access
· Wireless activations and provisioning
· Wireless email synchronization
· Wireless backup
· Attachment viewing
· Remote address lookup
· High security
· On-device help
· Instant Messaging and WorldMate Pro (12-month licenses) included
· BIS service included free of charge
BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS)
BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) is an easy to use service from Airtel Nigeria.
Currently available to Post-paid subscribers only.
· Access up to 10 personal or corporate existing e-mail accounts such as Yahoo! Mail*, Google Gmail*, Hotmail* or any other POP3/IMAP-based email account from a single BlackBerry handheld
· Real time push email delivery of your emails to your BlackBerry
· Easy setup of your email accounts, directly on your Blackberry or on Airtel Nigeria web site
· In addition, a free Blackberry email account, just for you - your username@Airtelng.blackberry.com
· Use your Blackberry from Airtel Nigeria around the world (see our Data Roaming countries)
· Full Technical Support provided by Airtel Nigeria
BlackBerry Internet Service devices and costs
8100 (available in Black, White and Red)----N40,000
* Monthly Service Fee - N4,750 (incl. 1Gig of data)
* Additional data within Nigeria - 15 kobo / KB
* Re-subscription of Blackberry service send BB to short code 38970
* Additional data outside Nigeria (roaming) will attract standard roaming fees
BlackBerry Internet Service details
· Real time push email delivery of your messages
· Automatically checks for new e-mails every 2 - 15* minutes and delivers new messages to your BlackBerry Handheld
· View attachments including pictures, web content, Adobe PDF, Microsoft Work Excel and Power Point documents
· Internet and WAP Browsing including (5MB of data included per month)
· 12-month license for IM+ Instant Messaging application
· BlackBerry Messenger and Google Talk instant messaging services including one-click download
· One click access to BlackBerry HELP! For quick, up to date device and service tips and tricks
· Instant access to your BIS account administration page via "Email Settings" icon
With BlackBerry Internet Service you can
· Manage up to 10 separate e-mail accounts
· Create e-mail filters and define which messages are sent to your handheld based on key words and message fields such as 'sent from', subject and priority level
· Specify a 'sent from' e-mail address so any messages you send will appear to be sent from this address
· Import address book contacts to the BlackBerry Internet Service
· Wireless e-mail reconciliation - messages moved or deleted from your handheld will automatically be moved to the appropriate folder on the BlackBerry Internet Service / moved to the Deleted Items folder wirelessly - no synching up required!
SPAM and BlackBerry Internet Service
BlackBerry Internet Services features basic anti-SPAM filtering to help reduce, but not eliminate, unwanted junk email for the optional @Airtelng.blackberry.com email account. BlackBerry Internet Service will not filter any SPAM email from your integrated POP3/IMAP email accounts such as Rogers Yahoo!, Yahoo! Mail, Google Gmail, MSN, and Hotmail. You will need to configure your anti-SPAM settings for these services. For details about anti-spam features on these and other email services, please contact your email provider. They may be able to assist you in configuring your email accounts to reduce unwanted SPAM email which will not be delivered to your BlackBerry.
Note: If your company is currently using Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Domino or Novell GroupWise with the BlackBerry Enterprise Server and you would like to use your BlackBerry Internet Service with your corporate e-mail please contact your company I.T. Help desk.
* You may need to contact your email provider to determine if they support POP3 access and Mail Forwarding.