Abu Dhabi has rich culture and geographical proximity to different locations in and around the Middle East and Northern Africa makes it a haven for foreigners. The place can boast of its secular character even though the official religion is Islam. English is spoken just about everywhere apart from Arabic which is the local language of the region.
A trip to Abu dhabi for permanent or temporary reasons is preceded by valid Visa requirements.
Nationals of the following Countries do not require visit Visas to enter the UAE. They will be issued visit visas on arrival.
- Andorra - Australia - Austria - Belgium - Brunei - Canada
- Denmark - Finland - France - Germany - Greece - Holland
- Hong Kong - Iceland, Ireland - Italy - Japan - Liechtenstein - Luxembourg
- Malaysia - Monaco - New Zealand - Norway - Portugal - San Marino
- Singapore - South Korea - Spain - Sweden - Switzerland - UK/ US
- Vatican - Expat residents (Other GCC Countries) – Holders of British Passports
- GCC Nationals of other member countries of GCC like Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and Saudi Arabia
Employers usually with the assistance of recruitment agencies will organize the essential paperwork during the recruitment process, so fees for work permit, residence visa and sometimes provisional accommodation is often included in your salary package when you are hired. There are visa options for sponsoring spouses and children to live in Abu Dhabi as well.
There are specific requirements and conditions to be able to work in the UAE:
• First, you should not be less than 18 years old and not more than 60 years.
• Incase of urgent requirement, the age limit can be extended to 65 years, but with the approval of the Minister of Labor.
• The labor contract, labor card and residency visa will be valid only for one year and has to be renewed.
• A medical health check is needed as part of the employment process in the UAE.
However, as these regulations are subject to change frequently, it is advisable to check with the nearest UAE embassy for the latest information.
Abu Dhabi and the United Arab Emirates (UAE): Visit or Resident Visa Information.