Federal Government Scholarship Scheme 2012/2013
Aims And Objectives Of Federal Government Scholarship Scheme
The general aim of Federal Government Scholarship Award Scheme is to assist Nigerian Students in tertiary institutions to pursue their studies to a successful end without much stress or suffering, encourage and reward excellence.
Against this background, the main objectives of the scheme include:
* To reward, promote and encourage academic achievement and excellence
* To develop human resources for higher-level manpower requirement of the Nation.
* To bring higher education to the reach of many more qualified citizens who could not have been able to afford the acquisition of such education
* To enhance access to higher education for people in difficult circumstances such as the physically handicapped.
* To promote attainment of educational and national goals
* To reduce drop out rate due to financial constraints.
* To provide a peaceful, friendly and conducive atmosphere for learning.
* To assist the scholars obtain decent accommodation.
Federal Scholarship Board: The 2012/2013 The 2012/2013 Bilateral Educational Agreement Scholarships Opens for application
The 2012/2013 Bilateral Educational Agreement Scholarship application forms for nomination to Non English speaking countries ( Russia, China, Cuba, Morocco, Algeria, Romania, Greece, Ukraine, Turkey, Czech Republic, e.t.c) are now available on registration and login to this site.
All qualified candidates are advised to:
a. Register by creating a user name and password for login to this site.
b. Login and Complete the (BEA) Application Form c. Download and complete the PDF version of the application form as well d. Submit the online form and the completed (PDF) application forms at the venue of the interview on the date scheduled for each applicants state.
FIELD OF STUDIES:
a. Postgraduate level (Master degree and Ph. D) in all fields
b. Undergraduate level- Medicine, Engineering, Geology, Building Engr, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Political Science etc
A. POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP:
All applicants should hold a Masters Degree or First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign awards must have completed at least two years post qualification or employment practices in Nigeria. A knowledge of the Foreign language of the donor country is desired particularly for those applying for Russian Award. All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Age limit is 35years.
B. UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP:
All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) As and Bsc in the senior secondary school certificate (WAEC or NECO) All candidates must have As and Bs in the subjects relevant to their field of studies including English Language and Mathematics. Knowledge of Foreign language will be an added advantage. The age of certificate should not be more than Three (3) years (2009 2012).
VENUE OF INTERVIEW:
All eligible applicants are to report for the interview at the venues nearest to them
Two sets of completed application forms should be submitted at the various interview centres. With the following attachments;
1. Two authenticated photocopies of educational certificates (Original certificates should be presented at the interview venues for sighting)
2. Only one certificate will be accepted ie WAEC or NECO for May/June, June /July, Oct/ Nov or Nov/ Dec . No combination of scores from more than one examination result..
3. Statement of results must be authenticated by WAEC or NECO
4. Two copies of Birth certificate/ statutory declaration of age dully signed , stamped and dated.
5. Sate of origin certificate dully signed, stamped and dated.
6. Twelve passport sized colour photographs with white background
7. Medical certificate of fitness, HIV/AIDS, Anti Rabbis and Hepatitis B free certificates obtained from Teaching Hospital/National Hospital, Abuja.
8. Academic transcripts and NYSC certificates will be required from postgraduate applicants. ix. Police Clearance Certificate
About Federal Government Scholarship
Federal Government Scholarship Schemes are policy measures and programmes designed to augment Formal Education for National, Economic and Scientific development of the country.
The Federal Government in its effort to improve Education in the country and the welfare of Nigerian Students in tertiary institutions nationwide has put in place a revitalized scholarship scheme.
The revitalized award scheme is for both postgraduate and undergraduate students already in Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education, pursuing second year courses and HND I and above in these institutions.
Through the improved and enlarged scheme, the suffering of Nigerian students will be ameliorated while students’ anti-social behavior and unrest will be reduced.
Greater access to higher education by qualified students will be a sure way forward towards national development, technological advancement and rapid industrialization and socioeconomic development.
Click Here to apply for Federal Government Scholarship Board / Scheme - 2012/2013