Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB 2011, Professor Dibu Ojerinde, has expressed the board’s determination to reduce cases of incomplete results in its examinations.
Jamb 2011 Result Is Out.
This was contained in a statement signed by JAMB’s Public Relations Officer, PRO, Timothy Oyedeji, on Tuesday.
Ojerinde said the board had spent N48 million on a train-the-trainer project to reduce cases of incomplete results but did not state the period within which the fund was expended.
He noted that no fewer than 82,000 candidates had incomplete results in the 2010 UTME, adding that although the figure was less than eight per cent of the total number of registered candidates, it was still high.
“JAMB is worried hence it has resolved to check the menace of incomplete results in the next examination, “Ojerinde said.
The Registrar added the Inspector-General of Police, Alhaji Hafiz Ringim, had promised that the police would ensure a hitch-free 2011 JAMB UTME on June 11.
According to Prof. Ojerinde, all hands were on the deck to check malpractices in JAMB examinations.
Earlier, JAMB’s Director, Information Technology Services, Mr Olujide Adisa, had told news men that the training, which began last week, would help in reducing high rate of incomplete results in UTME.