APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION INTO CERTIFICATE, DIPLOMA, UNDERGRADUATE, POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA, MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMME AND DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY PROGRAMMES FOR 2010/2011 Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) for studies leading to various awards in the University’s Certificate, Diploma, Undergraduate, Postgraduate Diploma, Masters Degree Programmes and Doctor of Philosophy Programmes of the National Open University of Nigeria for 2010/2011 academic session.
A. CENTRE FOR LIFE LONG LEARNING AND WORKPLACE TRAINING
I. Certificate Programmes
|i. Proficiency Certificate Programmes ||Programme Code |
|a) Call Centre Skills ||0004 || |
| b)Mobile Phone Repair ||0005 || |
|ii. University (Academic) Certificate Programmes |
| a) Computer Literacy ||1004 || |
| b) Dental Office Practice ||1017 || |
| II Diploma Programmes |
| a) Business Communication ||1201 || |
|b) Entrepreneurship ||1205 || |
|c) Financial Management ||1206 || |
|d) Marketing ||1207 || |
|e) Medical Office Practice || 1208 || |
| || || |
B. SCHOOL OF ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
| i. University (Academic) Certificate Programmes || Programme Code |
|a) Christian Theology ||2001 |
|b) Arabic & Islamic Studies ||2002 |
|c) French ||2003 |
| || |
| ii. Diploma Programmes || |
|a) Christian Theology || 2102 |
| b) Arabic & Islamic Studies ||2103 |
|c) French ||2104 |
| || |
| iii. Undergraduate Degree Programmes || |
| a) Criminology and Security Studies || 2201 |
|b) Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution ||2202 |
|c) Mass Communication ||2204 |
|d) English ||2205 |
|e) French and International Relations ||2206 |
| f) Christian Theology ||2207 |
|g) Islamic Studies ||2208 |
| || |
|iv. Postgraduate Diploma Programmes || |
|a) Criminology and Security Studies || 2301 |
|b) Mass Communication || 2302 |
|c) Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution ||2303 |
| d) Christian Theology ||2305 |
| || |
|v. Masters Degree Programmes || |
|a) M.Sc. Mass Communication ||2401 |
|b) M.Sc. Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution ||2402 |
| || |
|vi. M. Phil/Ph.D Programmes || |
| a) Ph.D French || 2501 |
|b) Ph.D Christian Theology ||2502 |
|c) Ph.D Islamic Studies ||2503 |
|d) Ph.D English (Language/Literary Studies) ||2505 |
| || |
C. SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
D. SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
|i. Undergraduate programmes || Programme Code |
| a) Cooperatives Management || 3201 |
|b) Hospitality Management || 3206 |
|c) Entrepreneurial & Business Management || 3204 |
|e) Accounting (in collaboration with ICAN) ||3205 |
| || |
|ii. Postgraduate Diploma Programmes |
|a) Financial Management ||3309 |
|b) Public Administration || 3311 |
| c) Business Administration ||3313 |
| || |
|iii. Master Degrees |
|a) Master of Business Administration (MBA) ||3413 |
| b) Master of Public Administration (MPA) || 3415 |
| || |
|iv Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)Programme (By Research) |
|a) Public Admistration |
2. ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
|i. Undergraduate Programmes ||Programme Code |
|Science Education || |
|a) Agricultural Science ||4201 |
|b) Biology ||4202 |
|c) Chemistry ||4203 |
| d) Integrated Science || 4204 |
| e) Information Technology ||4205 |
|f) Mathematics ||4206 |
|g) Physics ||4207 |
|h) Business Education ||4212 |
| || |
|Arts & Humanities Education |
| i) Early Childhood Education ||4208 |
| j) English || 4209 |
|k) French ||4210 |
|l) Primary Education || 4211 |
| || |
|ii Postgraduate Diploma Programmes |
|a) Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) ||4301 |
| || |
|iii. Master of Education (M.Ed.) Programmes |
|a) Educational Administration and Planning || 4401 |
|b) Science Education || 4402 |
|c) Educational Technology ||4403 |
| || |
|iv Doctor of Philosophy Programmes (By Research & Course Work) |
|a) Educational Administration and Planning ||4501 |
|b) Science Education ||4502 |
|c) Educational Technology || 4503 |
|d) Mathematical Education || 4504 |
| || |
| || |
| || |
|E. SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY |
|i. Undergraduate Programmes || Programme Code |
|a) Agricultural Extension & Management ||5201 |
|b) Communication Technology ||5202 |
|c) Computer Science ||5203 |
|d) Data Management ||5204 |
|e) Environmental Studies & Resource Management || 5205 |
|f) Nursing Science (for registered Nurses only) || 5207 |
|g) Mathematics ||5208 |
|h) Mathematics/Computer Science ||5209 |
|i) Community Health ||5211 |
| || |
|ii. Postgraduate Diploma Programmes |
|a) Agricultural Extension & Management ||5301 |
|b) Digital Communication ||5302 |
| c) HIV/AIDS Education and Management ||5303 |
|d) Mobile Communications Technology (Wireless) ||5304 |
|e) Information Technology || 5305 |
| || |
|iii. M.Sc. Programme |
|a) Information Technology (with Internet Applications) ||5401 |
| || |
|iv Doctor of Philosophy Programmes (By Research) |
|a) Crop Science ||5504 |
|b) Animal Science || 5505 |
|c) Biology || 5506 |
|d) Chemistry ||5507 |
| || |
| || |
| || |
|F. SCHOOL OF LAW || |
|i. Undergraduate Programme ||Programme Code |
|LLB (Law) Degree Programme ||6201 |
| || |
|ii. Post Graduate Diploma Programme || |
|Legislative Drafting ||6301 |
| || |
| || |
I. CERTIFICATE PROGRAMMES
a) Proficiency Certificate Programmes
i. No previous experience or qualification is necessary.
Note: Candidates for Proficiency Certificate will NOT be qualified to proceed to a Certificate / Diploma programmes without possessing the requisite basic qualifications.
b) University (Academic) Certificate Programmes
i Junior Secondary School Certificate.
ii Evidence of Secondary School Attendance or SSCE, GCE O/L, NABTEB and TC II attempted.
II DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
i. At least two (2) credits at not more than two (2) in SSCE/GCE O’Level/NECO/NABTEB and TCII.
ii Holders of National Open University of Nigeria’s Academic Certificate.
iii Mature Candidates, that is, candidates aged 30 years and above , with relevant work experience of not less than 10 years may be considered on their merit.
III. UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
a) 100 LEVEL
- Five credits in the SSCE/GCE O’Level/NECO/NABTEB or equivalents at not more than two (2) sittings obtained in subjects relevant to the proposed field(s) of study.
- Teachers’ Grade II Certificate with a minimum of five merits or its combination with any of the certificates listed under (i) to obtain equivalent of five credits at ‘O’ levels.
- Candidates seeking admission into School of Law must have five (5) credits including English Language, Literature in English and at least a Pass in Mathematics at not more than two (2) sittings in NECO/SSCE or GCE O/L only.
- The School of Arts and Social Sciences requires that one of the five credits or merits must be in English Language, while at least two (2) should be in subjects relevant to the proposed field.
- For School of Business and Human Resource Management, the credit passes at Ordinary Level must include English and Mathematics.
- For School of Education, the credit passes must include Mathematics for Science Education applicants and English Language for all humanities. Additionally, those in Science Education must have credit in English Language.
- For School of Science and Technology, the credit passes must include Mathematics and English Language.
- The minimum entry requirement for B.Sc Environmental Studies and Resource Management is five (5) O’Level (SSCE/NECO/GCE or NABTEB) Credits at not more than two sittings including: English Language and Mathematics and any of Geography, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Agricultural Science and Economics.
b) 200 LEVEL (For Direct Entry)
- National Diploma from recognised institutions.
- Nigerian Certificate in Education (NCE) in subject(s) relevant to the proposed programme of study with a minimum of one merit and two passes.
- International Baccalaureates, Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) with at least two ‘A’ level papers in relevant subjects and pre-requisites number of ‘O’ level credit passes.
- Candidates for entry into School of Law must have a minimum of second class (lower) degree from any recognized university with at least five credits including English language, literature in English and a pass in Mathematics at not more than two sittings in NECO/SSCE or GCE ‘O’ level only.
- Candidates for entry into Bachelor of Nursing Science(BNSc) must have the following qualifications:
- A Registered Nurse Certificate.
- Five (5) credit pass in not more than two sittings in SSCE/NECO/GCE or NABTEB in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and Physics.
- Candidates for entry into B.Sc Community Health in the School of Science & Technology may be admitted into 200 level of the programme provided they have the following qualification:
- Five (5) credit pass in not more than two sittings in SSCE/NECO/GCE or NABTEB in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, and either Physic, Geography and Economics.
- A registered and licensed Community Health Extension Worker with a Diploma in Community Health Extension (Ordinary National Diploma) and with not less than two years post qualification experience.
- Candidates for entry into School of Science & Technology may be admitted into 300 level of the programme provided they have the following qualification:
- Fresh holders of registered nurse certificate (NRN) with fives (5) credit Passes at not more than two sittings in SSCE/NECO/GCE or NABTEB in English language,Mathematics,Physics,Chemistry and Biology.
- Holders of registered nurse certificate (NRN) with a minimum of three years post qualification experience.
- Admission of candidates into 200 and 300 levels B.Sc Accounting in the School of Business and Human Resource Management will not be applicable for this session.
- Five credit passes at SSCE/GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ level must be in subjects relevant to the proposed field(s) of study.
- A credit level pass in Mathematics is required for all sciences and technology, business education and science education programmes. A pass in Mathematics may be considered for social sciences programmes. Also a pass in English language may be considered for Physics and Mathematics programmes.
- Candidates applying for B.A. English, B.A. (Ed) English and B.Sc. Mass Communication must have a credit in Literature in English.
- Prior knowledge and relevant work experience (including first degree/ HND/RN) may be considered for advanced placement and waiver.
- Candidates awaiting results of any relevant examination may also apply; they should however note that processing of application will not be completed until entry requirements are met.
IV. ACCESS PROGRAMME
Candidates who do not possess the requirement for entry into an undergraduate programme will be required to register into the Access Programme which syllabus has been designed to be equivalent to ordinary level certificate syllabus of the respective subjects.
The subjects available under the Access Programme are: Mathematics, English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Literature in English.
Candidates must pass the Access courses registered for in the Access programme before proceeding to undertake any undergraduate programme.
V. POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
a) Candidates seeking admission must possess either Bachelor Degree Certificates or equivalent from institutions recognised by the Senate of NOUN; or be
b) Holders of HND with a minimum of Lower Credit from institutions recognised by the Senate of NOUN.
c) Candidates seeking admission into the School of Business and Human Resource Postgraduate Diploma Programmes, with professional qualifications such as ACA, ACIS, ACIB, ACII, ACIA, etc may also be considered on individual merit.
d) Candidates seeking admission into the School of Law must possess a minimum of L.L.B degree.
VI. MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMMES
a) A first degree from a University recognised by the Senate of NOUN in a related field of study.
b) A postgraduate diploma in a related field from a University recognised by Senate may also be admitted.
c) A good honours degree in Education (Arts, Languages, Sciences, Social Sciences, Vocational and Technical subjects) from any University recognised by the Senate of NOUN.
e) Holders of HND (with a minimum of Upper Credit) from institutions recognized by the Senate of NOUN, in a related field of study.
f) Members of relevant professional bodies may apply for the Master of Business ( MBA) programme.
Note: Candidates may be required to satisfy additional requirements by specific Schools
VII. DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY PROGRAMMES
- A Masters Degree from a University recognized by Senate of NOUN in related field of study, with a minimum score average of not less than 60% and above or Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of not less than 3.5on a 5-point scale.
- Candidates who had not obtained the M.Phil prior to application will be required to enroll for the M.Phil/Ph.D in the first instance and would be upgraded to Ph.D student status after satisfactory performance.
- The M.Phil/Ph.D programme is either by research or course work and research based.
- Candidates for Ph.D Programmme will be invited for an interactive session with the School of Postgraduate Studies before an offer of admission is made.
- Candidates are advised to forward transcript of their academic records and three (3) referees report, 2 of which must be from persons very well acquainted with the candidate’s academic work, to the Dean of the School from which admission is requested.
Note: Candidates may be required to satisfy additional requirements by specific Schools.
3. DURATION OF PROGRAMMES
NOUN operates a flexible mode of study which allows a student to determine the pace, place, time and medium of study. Students’ support facilities are available at all our Study Centres nationwide.
4. METHOD OF APPLICATION (E-APPLICATION)
The entire process is electronic and online and operates 24-hours a day. The method of application is as follows:
1. Walk into any of these participating banks:
BANKS ACCOUNT NUMBERS
First City Monument Bank - 0692050676806001
Oceanic Bank - 0011201014775
Zenith Bank - 8080100669
Skye Bank PLC - 1361790017208
- Pay as follow for NOUN application forms:
PLEASE NOTE THAT NOUN WOULD NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY PAYMENT MADE INTO ANY ACCOUNT OTHER THAN THE ABOVE DESIGNATED BANKS AND ACCOUNT NUMBERS.
2. Pay as follows for NOUN application forms:
- Undergraduate Programmes N5,000.00 (Five thousand naira only)
- Postgraduate (PGD and Masters) Programmes N7, 500.00 (seven thousand five hundred naira only).
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Programmes N10, 000.00 (ten thousand naira only).
- Obtain a NOUN Teller specially designed for NOUN for the purpose of payment.
- After payment collect an application (PIN) number from the Bank.
- Go to a cyber café or anywhere you can have an internet access and use your Application pin.
- Use your Application pin number to access your NOUN online application form.
- Complete the application by providing the required information.
- After completion, the candidate can re-open the form as often as he/she likes, before submitting.
- Having completed all the above steps, you may submit your form by clicking the submit button at the bottom of the displayed screen.
- You can now print out your provisional admission letter.
Applicants are advised to insist on paying the stipulated cost only and obtain official receipt at the point of payment.
Note: All applicants who had purchased completed and submitted their forms before this advertisement should note that their forms would be processed along with the new ones and need not re-apply.
Please find below the addresses of NOUN Study Centres for your information:
Abeokuta Study Centre
Defunct SDP Secretariat,
|Abuja Study Centre |
No.3 Dar- Es-Salaam Street, Wuse II, Abuja, FCT.
|Ado-Ekiti Study Centre |
Government Housing Estate,Are Afao Road, Ado-Ekiti
|Akure Study Centre, |
Oba Afinbiowo Estate, Idanre Road, Former Party Secretariat, Akure,Ondo State.
|Asaba Study Centre |
Federal College of Education
|Awa Ijebu Community Study Centre |
Kilometre 17, Ibadan – Ijebu Ode Road Off Sawmill,
Awa Ijebu, Ogun State.
|Awka Study Centre, |
Defunct Party Building,
P.M.B. 2017, Abagana,
|Bauchi Study Centre, |
Former NRC Building
Federal Low Cost Housing Estate, Bauchi, Bauchi State.
|Benin Study Centre, |
Ikenwa Road (Old SDP Secretariat), Benin City, Edo State. Tel: 08033862232,
|Calabar Study Centre |
Women Development Centre, Ekpo Archibong Street (Parliament Building), Calabar, Cross River State
Tel: 08034000661, 08037083021
|Damaturu Study Centre, |
Former Amusement Park, Maiduguri Road, Damaturu, Yobe State. Tel: 08036148866, 08022032969, 08054912177
|Dutse Study Centre |
3rd Floor, Federal Government Secretariat, Kiyawa Road,
Dutse, Jigawa State.
|Enugu Study Centre |
Nike-Lake Road, Enugu
Tel: 08035063322, 08053130530
|Gombe Study Centre, |
Federal Low Cost, After All Saint College,
P.M.B 136, Gombe State. Tel:08036458586, 08024691343, 08054337992
|Gusau Study Centre |
Federal College of Education, Technical, Gusau.
|Ibadan Study Centre |
Former Party Secretariat, Faith Clinic Road, Ijokodo Junction, Sango-Eleyele, PMB 5061, Ibadan, Oyo State.
|Ilorin Study Centre, |
Kulenle Housing Estate, Off Jebba Road, Ilorin, Kwara State. Tel: 08033925539,
|Jalingo Study Centre, |
No 25 Donga Road ,Jalingo
|Jos Study Centre |
Former SDP Office along Lomay International Hotel Road, Sabon Barkin, Jos, Plateau State.
|Kaduna Study Centre |
Old NETC Kaduna Campus by Trade Fair Complex, Zaria Road, Kaduna, Kaduna State
|Kano Study Centre |
Independence Road, Sauna, Kano State. Tel: 08068242153, 07065699577, 0805435561,
|Katsina Study Centre, |
Opposite Katsina State House of
Assembly, Kaita Road, Katsina,
|Lafia Study Centre |
Former Ministry of Science &
Technology, Off Makurdi Road, Lafia, Nassarawa State
Tel:08026327378, 08056044331, 08032813477
|Lagos Study Centre |
Nigeria Education Research DC Development Council (NERDC) Building No.3-4 NERDC Council Road, Agidingbi, Ikeja, Lagos.
Tel: 08055272941, 08023210847
|Lokoja Study Centre |
Defunct NRC Secretariate Opposite Bishop Delisle College, Lokoja, Kogi State.
Tel: 08057985579, 08035877285, 08068406722, 08065756063
|Maiduguri Study Centre |
Baga Road, Maiduguri
|Makurdi Study Centre, |
Former NDE Office,
Opposite Mechanic Village, Kanshio, Makurdi, Benue State.
|Minna Study Centre |
NRC Party Office Off Bosso Road, Minna,Niger State
Tel: 08035899214, 08059462297, 08029118060
|Ogori Community Centre |
NOUN Study Centre, Ogori Civic Centre Ogori.
|Osogbo Study Centre, |
NRC Defunct Party Building Opposite Bestoil Petrol Station, Ilesha Road, Osogbo, Osun State. Tel: 08033678044,
|Otukpo Study Centre |
59/60 Upu Road,
Otukpo, Benue State.
| Owerri Study Centre |
Federal Polytechnic, 1036, Owerri/Aba Road, Nekede,Owerri,Imo State.
|Port-Harcourt Study Centre |
Rivers State College of Education, St John’s Campus, Aba Road, PMB 5047,
Port-Harcourt, Rivers State
Tel: 08033392374, 0807083021, 08037047388, 08055339173
|Sokoto Study Centre |
Shehu Shagari College of Education, PMB 2129
Birnin Kebbi Road
Sokoto State Tel 0806555042
|Umudike Study Centre, |
National Root Crop Research Institute, PMB 7296, Umudike, Umuahia, Abia State
|Uyo Study Centre, |
3 Mbaba Afia Street Off Aka Road, Uyo, Akwa-Ibom State
Tel: 08035864487, 08070830121
Yenagoa Study Centre
Former Beautification Committee Office, House of Assembly Quarters, Road, Opposite 2nd Gate
Ekeki-Yenagoa, Bayelsa State
Tel: 08035416315, 08036769473
Yola Study Centre
Army Barracks Road, Yola, Adamawa State
NOUN Special Study Centre for the Nigerian Air Force, Kaduna, 325 Training Ground,
Nigerian Airforce Base, Kawo, Kaduna State.
|NOUN Special Study Centre for the Nigerian Prisons, Kirikiri, |
Maximum Security Prisons, P.M.B 1012, Kirikiri, Apapa, Lagos.
|NOUN Special Study Centre for the Nigerian Army, Sobi, ArmySchool of Education PMB 1410, Sobi Cantonment, Ilorin, Kwara State. |
|NOUN Special Study Centre for the Nigerian Navy, Lagos. |
Training Blk B, NNS Quorra, Marina Beach, Apapa,
|NOUN Special Study Centre for the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, Abuja, |
|NOUN Special Study Centre for the Nigerian Immigration Service, Abuja |
NIS Training Centre. Immigration, Headquarters. Wuse Abuja.