Undergraduate Degree Programmes
• Five credits in the Senior School Certificate Examination (i.e. five S.S.C.E/GCE ‘O’ Level/NECO, NABTEB passes in grade 6 and above) obtained at not more than two sittings in subjects relevant to the proposed filed(s) of study.
• Teacher’s Grade II Certificate with minimum of five merits in subjects relevant to the proposed field(s) of study.
• Other qualifications equivalent to those listed above.
• The five subjects should include English Language in the case of those applying for admission into Arts, Business Administration, Education (Arts), and Social Science Course(s).
• Candidates applying for Agriculture, Education (Science), and other Science-based courses where a credit in English is not mandatory, a pass in the subject is required.
• A credit level pass in Mathematics is required for all science-based courses, Social Sciences and Science Education.
• Candidates awaiting the results of any relevant examination may apply.
• Five subjects passed at not more than two sittings at the S.S.C.E/CGE ‘O’ Level and ‘A’ Level. The subjects also should be relevant to the proposed programmes of study. Candidates are also expected to fulfil English Language and Mathematics requirements for the respective programmes.
• N.C.E with the requisite number of SSCE/GCE ‘O’ Level/NECO or Teacher’s Grade II Certificate subjects (mainly for course in Education).
• International Baccalaureate with two or three ‘A’ level subjects and the prerequisite number of ‘O’ level credit passes.
• NRN and NRM are acceptable qualifications for Nursing.
• NABTEB Qualifications
• Any other qualifications as approved by the University.
• Candidates should note that at least two (2) of the credits must be relevant to the proposed programme of study.
• A graduate from a recognised University, with at least a second-class lower division.
• A holder of a minimum of lower credit in the Higher National Diploma from a recognised institution may also be admitted.
• A person with qualifications adjudged by NOUN to be equivalent to (i) and (ii) above. Such a candidate will need to have his/her work place experience and skills already acquired to be evaluated by NOUN for their suitability.
Master Degree Programmes
• A candidate with a first degree from a recognised University with a minimum of second-class lower division may be admitted, provided the matriculation requirement is satisfied. A candidate with a good post-graduate diploma from a recognised University may also be admitted to a Master Degree Programme provided the University matriculation requirement is met.
Pre-Foundation & Foundation Courses
• Potential students who do not have acceptable tertiary entry requirements will be advised to undertake and successfully complete the relevant Pre-Foundation and Foundation programmes, to fulfil the enrolment requirements for the programme of their choice. The main emphasis is to remedy their deficiencies necessary for tertiary study.