For the Collation and Declaration of Governorship Election Result:
- The Presiding Officers send results of poll to the RA Collation Officer;
- RA Collation Officer collates and sends result to LGA Collation Officer;
- LGA Collation Officer collates results and sends to State Returning Officer;
- State Returning Officer collates results from LGA Collation Centres, declares the result and returns the winner as Governor elect for the State.
A candidate for a contested election to the office of Governor shall be declared winner if he or she has:
- The highest number of votes cast at the election; and
- Not less than one-quarter of all the votes cast in each of at least two-thirds of all the LGAs in the state.
Where two or more candidates score an equal number of votes being the highest in an election, the Returning Officer shall not return any of the candidates and a fresh election shall be held for the candidates on a date to be appointed by the Commission (Section 69 of Electoral Act 2010 as amended).